Learn light trail and long exposure photography and have some fun with light painting, at a 2 hour workshop at John Oldham Park.
We've timed this meetup for optimal shooting conditions. Minimum is 5 participants, maximum 15. We reserve the right to postpone or cancel & refund subject to booking numbers and weather.
Perfect for most photographers with DSLRs and experienced photographers wishing to explore the photography of the night, long exposure and creative lighting.
5:00 pm arrival, move to waterfall for long exposure.
5:47pm sunset, cityscape at blue hour and sun set with light trails.
Then have some light painting to do afterwards.
This is a fun learning WORKSHOP. Lynn will explain settings and technique to get great images of light trails and long exposures, where questions will be answered by Lynn, limited to the first 15 to RSVP.
TOPICS TO COVER
Topics covered on the day may include....
• How to shoot day and nighttime landscapes.
• Manual settings.
• How to get what you want in focus.
• Rules of shutter speed.
• How to make a photo look blue or warm using white balance settings.
• What does ISO do?
• Finding interesting shots from challenging lighting conditions.
• How to create art using creative settings and composition.
• Working with available light and backgrounds.
John Oldham Park
• Bush, waterfall, water fountain, city, city lights, traffic.
WHAT YOU NEED
• To wear black or very dark clothing, warm
• Full-sized Tripod
• Closed shoes
• A small torch, no spotlights
• A DSLR camera
• Enough battery & memory card space to last more than 2 hours.
• A bottle of water (optional).
Parking is $4 per hour at the CPP John Oldham Park carpark, off Mounts Bay Road.
By purchasing a ticket you agree to the terms above and general Perth Learn Photography (www.perthlearn.com).