Learn the art of travel photography.
Explore local treasures and attractions around Perth City
Improve your photography skills and learn how to shoot in manual mode.
Learn the art of travel photography and how to shoot in manual settings, while exploring local treasures around Perth. Discover the city's unique spirit, urban and art scene as you wonder the streets with a professional photographer, capturing beautiful photos using creative settings and composition.
• 3.5 hour photography walk & learning workshop.
• Tuition from a professional landscape and portrait photographer.
• Discounts for family bookings. (apply via private message)
This 3.5-hour photography course perfectly blends learning and development with sightseeing. Run by a professional landscape photographer, you will learn the ins and outs of travel and street photography, how to better use your camera's settings, and receive tips on composition and perspective. Stroll down the famous Wolfe Lane, Prince Lane and King Street and be mesmerised by the large art mural displays. During this time you will be encouraged to take photographs, all whilst playing with lighting, focus, shutter speed and textures.
At about 6:00pm, you'll stop for a coffee or drink break and have the chance to share your photographs and socialise with the group.
Afterwards, wander down to Elizabeth Quay and put your new-found knowledge and skills to the test as you take Insta-worthy sunset photos of the iconic Spanda sculpture, merry-go-round and bridge from across the water. Leave feeling inspired and with a bunch of images that you're proud of!
Participants need to be able to walk at a casual pace for the duration of the walk.
Equipment participants need to consider bringing includes:
• Preferably an SLR camera, however, smartphone camera or compact camera is fine.
• The section at Elizabeth Quay is low light/long exposure session, suggested to bring a tripod if you have one.
• Enough battery and memory card space to last more than three hours
• A bottle of water.
• 1-3 lens (if you have an SLR) and a camera bag
• Bring your widest lens for landscapes, and a macro if you have one
How to Get There
Meeting point is 324 Murray St, Perth WA 6000, ending at Elizabeth Quay. Public transport into the city, or closest car park is His Majesty's Theatre.
This experience is 3.5 hours in duration, starting at 4pm and finishing at 7:30pm.