This beginner's session is for beginners who would like to learn to take better photos with their own cameras. Meeting location is the Carpark near Bicton Baths. Please navigate with your GPS to Bicton Baths. There's a carpark on the corner of Braunton Street and Blackwell Reach Parade.
Perfect for beginners, people who have just bought a camera or who own a camera and would like to learn more features and those wishing to learn how to shoot better using manual settings.
90 mins of fun and learning in a small group.
Do you want to improve your general photo taking skills?
From learning about landscape photography to easy ways to take better photos of people and landscapes.
This is a fun to learn walkabout tour. Where questions will be answered by professional Portrait and Landscape photographer Cyrus from Lighthouse Photography. Covering the basics of photography and more.
TOPICS TO COVER
Cyrus prefers an interactive approach, so if you need clarification or guidance on a particular technique/subject please ask...
Topics covered on the day may include...
• AV, TV and P mode
• How to shoot day time landscapes.
• Manual settings for portraits, close-ups, and landscapes.
• How to get what you want in focus.
• Rules of shutter speed.
• How to create bokeh (beautiful blurry backgrounds).
• How to make a photo look blue or warm using white balance settings.
• What does ISO do?
• Finding interesting shots from challenging lighting conditions.
• How to create art using creative settings and composition.
• How to identify and capture beauty in a photograph.
• Working with light and backgrounds.
• Nature closeups & interesting patterns.
• How to shoot macro images
• Potential birdlife, dolphins
• River & nature photography
"To Whadjuk Noongars, this area is known as Kwoppa kepa, which translates to beautiful water. Situated in a tidal gorge and heavily influenced by ocean water inflow, Bicton Baths is a haven for biodiversity. A variety of marine creatures make their home here, taking advantage of the mixture of limestone and sandy features.
Bicton Baths is a significant place for community enjoyment and connections through sport, leisure activities and annual concerts.
Look out for the wooden interpretation facility located next to the jetty to learn more about the history of Bicton Baths." (from website: https://parks.dpaw.wa.gov.au/site/bicton-baths)
You are free to either follow the general group or to wander around and return when you have a question.
WHAT YOU NEED
• Closed shoes
• DSLR, bridge or compact camera
• Enough battery & memory card space to last more than 2 hours.
• No need for a tripod.
• A bottle of water (optional).
• 1-3 lens and a camera bag
• Bring your widest lens for landscapes, and a macro if you have one.
• A mini notepad and pen (optional).
MACRO LENS FOR PHONE CAMERA
Would you like to purchase a macro lens for your phone? Message Cyrus to organise in advance. Cost is $10 extra.
By purchasing a ticket you agree to the terms above and general Perth Learn Photography (www.perthlearn.com).
Perth Learn Photography in the largest and most affordable photo learning group in WA. We guarantee you'll get satisfaction by learning something valuable in a fun and friendly environment from all our workshops and events. We also offer flexibility to move your bookings to another date should you find yourself with a scheduling conflict. Just pick from our other posted events and request a move, (for events of a higher value just pay the difference). Subject to available spots.