450 Exton Square Parkway, Exton, PA
You MUST register with the library - click here. There is limited seating and the library controls all registrations.
EVEN ADVANCED USERS HAVE LEARNED NEW THINGS IN THIS WORKSHOP!
With over 450 million users, LinkedIn is becoming an increasingly popular professional social media platform that is not just for jobseekers, but is a critical networking tool as well as a professional electronic rolodex. At this session, you will learn some best practices, tips, and tricks you need to know to enhance or modify your LinkedIn profile. Advanced users have learned new tidbits, as this is not a basic start from scratch workshop! For beginners who do not yet have a profile, this class may need to be repeated. Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
· Basic profile overview
· Turning on/off your privacy settings
· Mobile Apps
· Leverage your LinkedIn to build your sphere of influence
· How to view your profile in different ways
· Turning on/off your activity broadcasts
· Who is viewing your profile – who are those anonymous stalkers?
· How many seconds you have to make an impression on LinkedIn
· Key factors for your photo
· Photo labeling to build SEO
· Symbols to make yourself stand out
· How to properly construct your headline, choose your location, and industry
· Customizing your URL (yes, BEFORE you print those business cards!)
· Contact info minimums – what and where (personal and business) and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree connections
· Summary tips and suggestions for formatting
· Work history and accomplishment verbs with quantifiable results
· Get those logos on your profile page!
· How to craft personal introduction requests in general
· Editing your profile
· Getting LinkedIn help … and more!