"Our real debt is to the Biosphere that sustains us, not the banking
systems that constrains us."
— "Design Outlaws on the Ecological Frontier"
For those of us in the field, it seems like we are in a Deja Vu moment. Green Plans have been proposed for many years now. For some reason it has finally got to the top of our Political Agenda in the year 2019.
As Charles Peguy once said: "Everything begins in mysticism and ends in Politics."
At this Eco-District meeting we will unpack and explore how we might influence the discourse and content of the emerging Green New Deal.
Some of the questions we will explore include:
• Is a 2nd Enlightenment needed?
• What can we learn from the Design Decade Documents developed by Buckminster Fuller?
• How can we accelerate the transformation of the global financial system in order to catalyze the transition of societies into the post carbon era, so that humanity can become more resilient in the face of the multidimensional challenges of Climate-Change?
• What projects would we like to bring to realization?
• What is your vision and what are your initiatives?
Join us as we endeavor to create a new context for Inventing the Future.