addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Philadelphia Robotics Group Message Board › Philly Robotics March 2011 Meetup Summary

Philly Robotics March 2011 Meetup Summary

Roy B
user 4594812
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA

The March meetup was a great success! It was our second best attendence ever. We met several new and enthusiastic members, as well as an "old" member who decided to come back and join us again. Thanks to Daniel for posting a summary on the Hive site (­. Here's a few highlights:

- David showed us his Axon-based omni-wheeled bot.
- Judy & Ecco showed plans for their K-9 robot (think Dr. Who)
- Joe discussed his experiences with Arduino & other Lady Ada kits
(BTW, the Lady herself is featured on the cover of this month's Wired magazine)
- Tom showed us his ARM9 - Arduino hybrid quadrotor controller board, with an interesting switching power suppy
- I showed my quadrotor frame

Don't forget our new site: http://phillyrobotics...­, and please let us know if you have any issues with getting an account or getting your posts moderated (hopefully this won't be a problem by the time you read this)

I hope to see you at our next meetup - April 14th

Some upcoming robot events:

Robot Fest -­
April 30th, 2011, at the National Electronics Museum
(near Baltimore airport, which is not far from Washington, DC)
They are offering us a (free!) booth to promote our club.

The 36th Annual Trenton Computer Festival -
There's an all-day Arduino workshop on Saturday, as well as some other robot & microprocessor related classes. (please check the message board for my less than satisfying expereince from last year's Trenton show)

Bonus robot link: Smart Bird (another robot bird that flies by flapping its wings)­

- Roy