addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Philadelphia Art Social Message Board › fake posting

fake posting

Allison
user 11860112
Philadelphia, PA
Please note the following message I received:

Meetup Message from: Sherry­, Member of The Philadelphia Art Meetup Group

Fake Eurocircle event, Please contact me ASAP
­ Hello Allison,

My name is Sherry Kumar, abd I head Philadelphia's Eurocircle. It has come to my attention, that a Eurocircle branded event has been posted in your Meetup. I am sure this is either a mistake, or posted by one of Meetup members.

Please be advised that 1) that there is no Eurocircle event on March 14 2) That the event posted, took place over 2 years ago (as the text for the event was copied from our site) 3) Eurocircle is NOT collecting any money for this event.

Can you please make sure your members receive an email stating this is not a EUROCIRCLE event and that no money should be paid to attend this?

I did post this on your main Meetup page, but worry that people will actually go anyway. There are a few party organizers in Philly and NYC, who have attempted to organize fake Eurocircle events, in an attempt to collect money from members or collect their contact information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My email is philadelphia@euroicrcle.com­.

Sincerely,

Sherry Kumar
EUROCIRCLE