addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Philly Makers Message Board Philly Makers Discussion Forum › Looking for Arduino Programmer / Lighting Designer for Installation in Manayunk!

Looking for Arduino Programmer / Lighting Designer for Installation in Manayunk!

Closed to new replies

Simon
user 104887352
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 1
Hello all,

I’m Simon, the co-founder of The Transfer Station in Manayunk. We’re currently working on a massive retail installation for our community of makers and artists, and are hoping you can help us make it very special. Modeled after “THE WALL” in Manayunk (the Levering/Lyceum neck of the Manayunk bike race), we’ve designed a modular display system comprised of almost 200 individual cubes. It is our hope that we can install an interactive lighting system with an LED in each cube connected to a control system that allows for programmable scenes - we’d like to be able to call out items in different categories just as you would on an ecommerce site (i.e. light up just jewelry, just handmade, just local, etc). If it’s not reaching for the stars, we’d also like to allow social media interaction (i.e. tweet a specific hashtag and it launches a multi-color flashing mode for 1min), or even something completely off the wall like the ability to “play” the wall with a midi keyboard, etc.

We just hit 1MM on our public Fundrise campaign and we want to celebrate by launching this installation with a press event and collaborative marketing rollout with our neighboring businesses along Main Street. So what do you think? Is this something you have experience in and/or would be able to help us plan, figure out, and install? PLEASE NOTE this isn’t public knowledge yet and I would be grateful if we could keep it as quiet as possible until it’s time to pull the curtains off, so to speak!