You have an idea for an app but you're not sure how to best go about designing it. Bring your idea to this workshop so we can help you to realize the vision for your dream app. Get ready to participate in a very dynamic matter where you will get direct feedback from experienced designers/developers as well as your peers. We will go over some of the core design patterns that Apple encourages and what modern day apps design trends.
The format will be a ~30/70 split of lecture topics vs hands-on time. We will provide tips and techniques to expand your tools. Throughout out the course, you will learn several techniques that can help you layout out your app’s overall theme and direction.
We'll be covering a variety of topics:
- Run a quick crash course in the fundamentals of iOS UI design patterns.
- Go through a series of processes to flesh out your app idea.
- Go over several tools and techniques used by UI/UX design professionals.
- Discuss common pitfalls when trying to plan out your apps.
- Briefly talk about areas of focus that sometimes you might miss.
You’ll walk away with:
- A copy of the slides from the day (available online).
- A solid design strategy for getting your application idea off the ground.
- A chance at a $25 gift card for best presentation.
- You'll need an app idea. If you don't, feel free to partner with someone who has an idea already or I will provide one for you.
- If you don't have a laptop, don't worry. We will provide paper and pens/pencils/markers for sketching out ideas.
We'll be using Square to accept credit card payments at the door.
About the Teacher
Kotaro Fujita runs a mobile consultant studio called Tomato Boy LLC. The studios' primary focus is creating mobile apps and games.