addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › Adobe Releases Creative Suite 2 for Free

Adobe Releases Creative Suite 2 for Free

Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 138
I'm glad I never paid for this.

http://www.steves-dig...­

"Adobe has just released a completely free version of Creative Suite 2, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro 2.0 and more. How's that for a deal?

CS2 isn't exactly the newest addition to Adobe's lineup, but that doesn't make the editing tools provided any less valuable. Having free access to the program suite is a boon to be sure. While Adobe hasn't commented on anything specifically, our best guess is that the free CS2 is designed to cut down on piracy and earn some loyal Adobe customers."

Here's the download page: http://www.adobe.com/...­
Beth M.
mcbeth
Madison, WI
Post #: 13
"UPDATE, 2:40 p.m. PT: There has been clarification since this story broke. Adobe has not released the CS2 software for free. Instead, it has cancelled its CS2 license management servers, so for those with existing licenses it is now offering downloads that do not require contact with the licensing servers. This service is only going to be available for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses, which will be verified when creating the Adobe account to download the software."
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 139
You are right when I tried installing the free download it asked for my license number which wasn't provided. So it can't be installed for free.
Alfredo
user 4392954
Madison, WI
Post #: 47
My observation: License Number = Serial Number, look at the page again, and yes it can be installed.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 142
Thanks for pointing out the serial number. But when I tried it for the Photoshop install on Windows it said invalid license number. I used 1130-1414-7569-4457-6613-5551.
Alfredo
user 4392954
Madison, WI
Post #: 48
I installed InCopy using the Serial Number to the right of the download and it took the SN.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 143
Yes I used the Serial Number to the right of the download. Not sure why it didn't work for me. If I have time I will download again and try it but I may not need this software.
Alfredo
user 4392954
Madison, WI
Post #: 49
The Serial Number you used is for the whole Creative Suite 2, that is why Photoshop didn't take it.
I just installed it using this SN 1045-1412-5685-1654-6343-1431 without a problem.
This is the SN for Photoshop CS2 Windows download.
A former member
Post #: 14
i got cs2 and elements 5.0 over the weekend... d/led w/o a problem and totally free :-) thanks for sharing the link, brian! i hope your luck with it improved :-)
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 146
Thanks Alfredo. I was able to install just photoshop using the right serial 1045-1412-5685-1654-6343-1431. I'm glad you and Grace got it, too. May try for the whole suite again later.

Here is what happened. Adobe posted the Suite as "Free" but it wasn't. It was only a free update to those who bought it. There was an uproar so they made it free for everyone.

http://news.cnet.com/...­

"No doubt you heard earlier this week that Adobe is giving away Creative Suite 2, an older version of its popular (and pricey) image-editing and design bundle. Then it turned out that, no, the software wasn't free; Adobe's Don Isaacs wrote that the company was merely "terminating the activation servers for CS2," and that the download page was only for those who already owned licenses for the product.

Ah, but it was too late: the story had gone viral (big time), and it appears Adobe has decided not to try stuffing the genie back into the bottle. As of now, you can download the whole of CS2 (for Windows or Mac) or individual components (like, say, Photoshop) free of charge, and unlock them using the serial numbers provided right on Adobe's download page.

There's nothing there to indicate you need an Adobe account, an existing software license, or anything else. There are no warnings about who's allowed to use the software or for what purposes. It sure looks like a freebie to me. Indeed, I downloaded and installed Photoshop, using Adobe's provided serial number, and no police have arrived at my door.

Good for Adobe. The company may not have intended to give away this old, discontinued product, but think of the goodwill they'll earn by doing so. (The company could use some, as users of Photoshop Elements are incensed about Adobe's discontinued support of Photoshop.com.) Think how many users who would never try, say, Illustrator or Premiere Pro that now have the chance to do so. And if they try it and like it, they're at least a little more likely to pay for the latest version, CS6."