addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › Waterfalls/creeks around Madison Area

Waterfalls/creeks around Madison Area

A former member
Post #: 7
Hello All,

Please share here, if you are aware of any waterfalls/creeks in or around Madison area, lets say 15 mile radius. I'm looking for such places to take some pictures of the running/falling steams of water. I went to a place last weekend called pewit's nest state natural area near Baraboo but it was not worth the drive.

Thanks
Z
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 234
Pheasant Branch creek in Middleton. Between Century Ave and Parmenter St are several bridges with scenic creeks and small waterfalls.
A former member
Post #: 8
Thank you. I will try that.
John C
JohnCurran
Dodgeville, WI
Post #: 69
Small waterfall at Governor Dodge I'll see how it's flowing if you'd like.
A former member
Post #: 9
John, How much of an effort it is for your to check it out ? Only if it is minimal effort please do so at your convenience.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 238
Here is one I did in April of a Pheasant branch creek:

http://www.flickr.com...­
Ryan E.
user 23023011
Madison, WI
Post #: 64
It's not 15 miles, but a bit further; parfrey's glen about 40 min north towards baraboo, WI has some smaller waterfall type features. Probably weather dependent though. Very nice area nonetheless! And if you ever have the time, northern WI has many large waterfalls.
A former member
Post #: 23
Pewitt's nest..use a 70 - 200mm zoom lens from top of the cliff