addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › How to Suggest a Meetup

How to Suggest a Meetup

Kris H.
user 2848629
Madison, WI
Post #: 132
All members are encouraged to suggest meetup ideas and to add new meetups to the calendar! Follow these guidelines and, with approval from the organizer team, your meetup will be announced to the group!

• Advance notice: Please announce events at least 7-10 days in advance, preferably 4 weeks, so that members have sufficient time to plan and respond.
  • Event host: As the host, you must attend and lead the meetup. If you can't attend, please consider posting a message in the discussion board instead to inform others of a local event.
  • How to find you: Include specific instructions on how to find you at the meetup location. Like, "Look for me just inside the entrance. I’ll be wearing a yellow Nikon t-shirt."
  • What you'll be doing: Be as specific as you can with times, details and any special photographic instructions, including whether flash or tripods are allowed/advisable and if any special gear protection is recommended, for example shooting in cold weather or shooting a "color run" where fine colored powder can penetrate your equipment.
  • Cancellation policy: Be respectful of your fellow members' time. If you are unable to attend your meetup as the host, please contact the other attendees to see if they would be willing to host. If not, please allow at least 24 hours notice when cancelling a meetup.

And of course, don't forget to bring a sense of adventure and have fun! I can't wait to see what great ideas you have!
Anne P.
user 39200632
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
Hi Kris, Steve and Crew!
My friend just told me about a chemist turned film photographer who uses many old processes to develop his work. I was wondering if there are any classes and/or an experienced person to give darkroom lecture for us? I HIGHLY recommend everyone check out his website gallery! Truly stunning work! His name is Mike Ware. http://www.mikeware.c...­
-Anne
A former member
Post #: 113
Anne, I used to develop color slide film and b&w film, I also printed b&w, but that was soooo long ago. I've forgotten most of what I knew.
Kris H.
user 2848629
Madison, WI
Post #: 158
@Anne That's really interesting work!