A full seven day intensive photography workshop in and around the historic English city of Canterbury. Staying in a 'Superior' room in the Falstaff Hotel a building which dates back to 1403 you will experience photography instruction and field trips to some stunning locations.
The Hotel is located in the City and is within five minutes walk of the Cathedral, restaurants, shops and major historic buildings. With transport at our disposal we will have the opportunity to visit places that are off the beaten track.
There will be an extensive photography training session that will improve your photography led by professional photographer and acclaimed teacher, Ian Murray who will be our guide and teacher for the full seven days.
For Seven Days you will explore this historic part of England with trips to places such as:
historic Leeds Castle
The ancient Port of Rye in Sussex
The Historic Seaside Resort and Fishing Port of Hastings
Photogenic Dungeness with its decaying beached boats and lighthouse
Lullingstone Roman Villa
and the magnifient bird reserves at Stodmarsh and Dungeness. Where we hope to find scarce and rare birds such as the Bearded Titmouse that exists in a small colony at Stodmarsh
Quaint Stodmarsh Village:
The Cost for the full seven days will be approx $4500 per person ( for double occupancy) with $600 deposit payable immediately and the remaining the balance due in full 90 days before the day of departure. Checks, Paypal and Credit cards are all accepted.
The group is limited to just 9 particpants and will be adveertised to other photography groups so early reservations are essential.
The trip is intended for adults 21 and over only. Particpants are expected to stay for the full seven days - there are no reductions for thoise wishing to leave early, arrive late or stay elsewhere.
A full itenierary can be provided.
To reserve a place just RSVP. Places will be filled on first come basis.
• 7 nights accommodation with breakfast at the historic Falstaff Hotel. Based on double occupancy rooms. (Single rooms can be arranged for an additional cost.
• Full day and half-day trips to the places listed above plus a minimum of one free day in Canterbury to explore the Cathedral and historic architecture.
• Ian will be leading the photography efforts, providing instruction and will be your guide for the whole seven days.
• A Welcome Package with Maps and information.
• Admission fees to locations visited on day and half day trips.
Not included are:
• Meals other than Breaksfast at the Hotel.
• Airfare to and from the USA to the Airport in London. (If we travel together we can arrange a cheap rate for the flights).
• Travel to and from the airport to the hotel. ( there are easily accessible trains that will take you to Camterbury via London)
The Cost for the full seven days will be a maximum of $4500 based on double occupancy and the number of participants. If enough people sign up it may be less. Of course, the final price will be determined 90 days before the trip and if the price increases by more than 20% after that date due to exchange rate fluctuations then you will be entitled to cancel without penalty
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.