Pre-expressive actor training integrates voice with movement to unlock the body's strength, agility and creativity.
IN THESE CLASSES, YOU WILL
• Connect the voice to the body and begin to understand how they work together
• Gain awareness of your relationship to props, space, time and other performers
• Work as an ensemble
• Develop improvisatory and spontaneity skills
• Ground the body (and the nerves) by developing an awareness of the floor and connecting to it.
THROUGH REGULAR TRAINING, YOU WILL
• Become more playful and daring on stage
• Have greater self-definition
• Develop ensemble movement and vocal skills
• Develop a larger idea of yourself in space, time, movement and voice.
• Gain greater confidence, spatial awareness and emotional sensitivity,
Exercises draw from the Suzuki Method of Actor Training and The Nobbs Suzuki Praxis.
WE WILL USE THIS SPEECH:
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day to day to the last syllable of recorded time, and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out brief candle. Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing!
socks (two pair if thin)
cloths to sweat in.
I will be training weekly, every Tuesday in June. Please RSVP so I know numbers.
$10 part-timeworkers/concessions/ppl who work in non-profit
$20 full-time workers
Pay cash at the door or by cashapp.