3807 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 600, Los Angeles, CA
Join us at the Gaelic League L.A. headquarters in Los Angeles for an afternoon of music, ceili and community. The Gaelic League will be hosting an Irish language workshop earlier in the day. They have invited us to join them in the afternoon of fun and community building, so bring your instruments and dancing shoes!
Please feel free to participate in the events earlier in the day. Here is the full schedule:
11:00am-1:00pm: Irish Language and how to Promote it
• Publicity: How to benefit from local social media and encourage the language
• Education: How to find Irish-language courses, teachers, and teaching resources
• Finance: How to find funding to establish language centers and events
• Social Events: How to organize events through the medium of Irish, for example: Family fun days, conversation, Guest speakers and academic conferences, Irish sports clubs, Radio programs/stations, Participating in Seachtain na Gaeilge, in the Irish Oireachtas, in other Irish festivals
• Advocacy: How to run a language rights campaign
• Language Planning: How to grow and ensure sustained development for the local Irish community
2:00pm: Play presented by Conradh Na Gaeilge
3:00pm: Ceili (music and dance)
Parking is available for free on S. Manhattan Place (behind the building), and two parking structures can be accessed from here as well. One parking structure costs a bit more than the other.
The building we are in is on the very corner of Wilshire Blvd. and Western Ave. You will find us on the 6th floor.
I play folk and Celtic music.