Join us for the Inclusive Innovation Week Kickoff - Tackling the Worlds Wicked Problems: A Celebration of Social Innovation Champions in partnership with Robert Morris University and BNY Mellon.
Ignite your innovative prowess and discover your power to make lasting change. Join us for a two-part celebration to kickoff Inclusive Innovation Week featuring a social innovators roundtable, followed by breakout talks facilitated by each innovator.
Leave with key insights about how to re-imagine problems into possibilities. Learn from social innovation champions key principles in their process of creating and enacting for the greater good.
• Inclusive Innovation Week Opening Remarks
• CSforPGH Launch
• Social Innovators Roundtable
• Breakout Talks
• Eliada Wosu Griffin-EL, PhD
Associate Professor & Director of the Massey Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Robert Morris University
Roundtable and Session Speakers:
• Marita Garrett - Mayor of Wilkinsburg
• Leah Lizarondo - Executive Director of 412 Food Rescue
• Zaheen Hussain, Director of Sustainability, New Sun Rising
• Nicole Kenny, Impact and Compliance Manager , Thread International
• Jonathan Reynolds, Outreach Project Manager, Carnegie Mellon University - School of Computer Science
Bus: Accessible to almost every neighborhood on Pittsburgh, including P1 + P2 + P3 + 61ABCD + 71ABCD + 88 + Gateway T Entrance.
• Parking: Limited free street parking is available after 6pm.
• Biking: Third Avenue Garage Bike Station has space for up to 30 bicycles and the City-County Building has bike racks located outside the building.
• ASL interpretation available. Please contact us to request services.
• Please reach out with any accessibility questions ([masked]).
Amplify | Connect | Encourage
Unfamiliar with Inclusive Innovation Week? It is an event week and platform spearheaded by the City of Pittsburgh and Urban Redevelopment Authority to amplify opportunity for all and encourage cross-sector collaboration. Partner with the city, organizations, businesses and individuals to raise important conversations to the forefront, create welcoming and inclusive experiences and showcase commitment to a Pittsburgh for everyone.