Pittsburgh Underwear Ride Route for August has been setup.
Additionally, wear a camelback or have a water bottle because we'll be biking an A to B Trail of 12-14 miles. More info on the Pittsburgh Underwear Ride Facebook Event. Either show up at 8:30pm to the Start on your own. Or meet us at 6pm at the Endpoint, so we can bike to the start (about 22 mile bike ride overall) at Blue Dust in Homestead.
I will be at the END POINT, Blue Dust at 6pm to 7pm and then riding to the start point which is the PARK at the Corner of 46th Street and Butler Street in Lawrenceville, riding to the START POINT. It will be a round trip of about 20+ miles but at least you don't have to ride home afterwards. Frank's contact Number for texting is[masked]-0784. We will ride out at 7pm SHARP to make it to the start. This is a great time. Note this is not my event other than us getting together to ride to the Start Point. We'll have a blast and this is always a great adventure!
The Underwear Ride is about[masked] riders, it goes a a medium pace roaming the city of Pittsburgh. This is a medium level ride at best although if you are a couch potato, you might feel it the next day.
Or you can meet at the Start Point at 46th and Butler Street at 8:30pm but getting home is on you.
FB EVENT LINK
August Pittsburgh Underwear Ride (4th month)
Thursday - August 21st @ 9:00pm
Meet at the corner of 46th and Butler in Lawrenceville around 8:30pm and plan to start the ride around 9pm.
THE RIDE WILL BE ENDING AT BLUE DUST IN HOMESTEAD.
The underwear bike ride is about having fun and promoting a positive self body image.
Ride at your own risk.
PGH Undies Ride (Suggested) Rules to a successful ride.
1. Have FUN!
2. Helmets & Lights are HIGHLY encouraged.
3. Stay behind ride leaders, or else they might pants you after the ride (unless you are a marshal).
4. Stay in the right lane when we are riding in two lanes of traffic.
5. Be respectful of other riders and drivers.
6. Know the route before the ride (it is posted on the event page), make sure you are comfortable with the terrain and distance.
(Suggested) Items to bring to an Underwear Bike Ride
2. Money & I.D.
3. Lock, spare tube, tools, pump (consider learning how to change a flat tire).
(Suggested) Pre-ride Bike Maintainance
1. Check tires and inflate to proper pressure.
2. Check brakes.
3. Check chain and shifting.
Here is a lovely video that shows you how to do a basic bike check.