A panel of leading figures in the angel investment industry answer questions from the audience and discuss how best to source and close angel deals.
We'll follow our usual format, with the main discussion and debate focused on the panelists, but also with open questions from the audience in the second half. Please message us via meetup beforehand to let us know of any particular questions you'd like to put to the panel.
• 6.30pm: General networking, (please note that due to a tightening of the licensing laws there will now be a cash bar, so if you'd like a drink bring some cash!);
• 7.00 to about 8pm: Formal(ish) panel discussion;
• Around 8pm to 8.30pm: More networking, finish off any refreshments; and
• From 8.30pm: Head over to The Fox for anyone who'd like to hang around longer.
• Modwenna Rees-Mogg (https://www.linkedin.com/pub/modwenna-rees-mogg/1/36a/108), Founder of leading private investor news service Angel News (http://www.angelnews.co.uk/), Co-Founder of the UK Business Angel Institute (http://www.businessangelinstitute.com/about-business-angel-institute/about-uk-business-angel-institute/) and Non Executive Director at Albion Tech & General VCT (http://www.albion-ventures.co.uk/ourfunds/AATG.htm).
• Scott Haughton (https://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-haughton/3/5a0/4a3), Co-Founder and COO of Envestors (http://www.envestors.co.uk/), a FCA regulated private investor club which matches entrepreneurs with investors. Prior to co-funding Envestors in 2004, Scott spent 16 years working in senior sales and marketing roles for multi-national blue chip FMCG corporations, including Mars Confectionery and GlaxoSmithKline, Scott left to set up a unique premium quality family leisure concept, for which he successfully raised venture capital backing, business angel investment, bank debt and DTI Small Firms Loan.
• Bill Morrow (https://www.linkedin.com/in/angelsdenisgroovy), Founder and CEO of Angels Den (http://www.angelsden.com/), Europe & Asia's largest Business Angel Investor Network with 5000+ Business Angels.
• Peter Cowley (https://www.linkedin.com/in/plcowley), UKBAA Angel Investor of the Year for 2014/5, Fellow in Entrepreneurship at the Cambridge Judge Business School, founded 12 companies and has invested in over 35 startups.
This event is co-produced with Elance (https://www.elance.com/), the world's leading freelance business services platform, FreeAgent (http://www.freeagent.com/), accounting software for small businesses and freelancers, recommended by 99.5% of users and EIT ICT Labs (http://www.eitictlabs.eu/), who bring together research-driven innovation, entrepreneurship, and education (and who will speak about the opportunity to compete for several €40K EU-funded prizes):