This event was canceled
Plan The Unplanned in collaboration with IwasThere presents Brahmatal Trek
While winters make trekking a difficulty in the Himalayas, the Brahmatal trek is an exception. This very reason makes Brahmatal trek a unique experience wherein the trekkers tread their way through the snowy parts of the Himalayas. Brahmatal is a hidden and secluded lake amidst the ridge, where Lord Brahma meditated according to the mythology, making this trek is a Hidden treasure of Uttarakhand. This trek of a lifetime is organized in collaboration with I Was There company.
The trek is a balanced combination as we walk through the dense Oak and Rhododendron forests as well as snow covered meadows. The surroundings of the high altitude Brahmatal lake is serene and on a clear day one can see the perfect reflection of mountains in it. It also offers majestic views of Mt. Nandagunti and Mt. Trishul from the highest point on the trek and a panoramic view of other Himalayan peaks. This trek is an excellent choice for first-timer trek in Himalaya as there are less chances of altitude sickness due to most of the trek being in a gradual ascend.
Type: High Altitude Trekking
Region: Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand
Duration: 6 Days
Distance: 24 KMs
Highest Altitude: 12,200 Ft.
Cost: 9999 plus 5% GST
-Transport: Non AC coach from Kathgodam to Lohajung on Day 1 and back on Day 6.
- Accommodation: Homestays or lodges on on arrival at Lohajung on Day 1 and Day 5. Camping
in tents on all the days during the trek on twin/triple sharing basis.
- Meals: All meals since arrival at Lohaung till the dinner on Day 5.
- During the trek - Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner will be provided. The food
will be vegetarian and eggs may be provided. Tea will be a part of breakfast and evening
- An expert and experienced Trek Leader.
- Professional and experienced local trekking guides.
- Entry fee for the park
- Environment levy fees
-Any other permits that may be required.
- Air fare/Train tickets
- Accommodation at Kathgodam
- Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
- Soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Trekking equipment like trekking bag, shoe, trekking pole etc.
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, roadblocks, bad weather,
-Food during the transit from Kathgodam to Lohajung and back is not part of the itinerary to
give our trekkers an opportunity to indulge in some local cuisine. Feel free to stop at many of
the Himalayan Dhabas on Day 1 and Day 6.
1. Min number of traveller required for the event to happen is 5. Plan The Unplanned would be not responsible for any flight cancellation charges/any other cost.
For more details as regards itinerary please visit
Health & Fitness Requirements:
All participants are required to submit a medical certificate approved by a registered medical practitioner prior to the trek.
Apart from this we highly recommend you having an adventurous spirit and willingness to undergo the joys & hardships of outdoor camping, in addition to good physical and mental fitness, to completely enjoy the trek. If you suffer from severe muscular, chest, heart or bronchial ailments, we advise you against participating since most treks happen in remote areas with limited access to medical services & hospital facilities.
Our Trek Leaders are experienced mountaineers and we trust their judgements. If during the trek, the Trek Leader advises you against continuing on the trek, we request you to respect his judgement and follow his instructions.