What we're about
Plano Women's Running Group Mission Statement: To provide a positive, noncompetitive forum for female runners of all paces and skill levels to develop friendships with other runners, and to encourage each other to achieve personal success.
Join us for longer runs on Saturday mornings and several member-scheduled runs during the week. This informal group is a great place to learn some good running tips, be motivated by each others accomplishments, and find a partner to join that next local (and sometimes not local) 5K, 10K, or half marathon/marathon.
The group size is limited to 50 and we typically are at 50 all the time. This means to approve and add a new member involves removing someone. Active participation is required, otherwise you will be subject to being removed to make room for new members. Please read through these key points and make sure you're OK with all before submitting to join the group:
1. A photo upload of yourself is required for security purposes. If you choose not to upload a valid photo of yourself, your approval to join the group will be rejected. Please make sure the photo clearly identifies you and not a group shot or distant shot, or a picture of something else entirely. This is for security purposes. Also, if you use a pseudonym for a profile name, please provide your name in the responses. If you choose to remain anonymous then this is probably not the group for you.
2. Participation is a requirement in this group and lack of participation will result in being removed from the group. Level of involvement means attending a scheduled meet up in your first 30-60 days and then attending or staying involved on a regular basis.
3. Approval of new members occurs once per week, usually on the weekend due to the process of reviewing current member participation and determining if space is available. Approval will be provided on first come basis (and if picture is provided).
4. Novice runners - we really want you to join the group, but this is not a training group and sometimes those attending a meetup are going for longer distances or a faster pace. This is hard to control from meet up to meet up. If you're self motivated and want to schedule a run for just short distances, slower paces, then you are encouraged to do so. ANYONE can put a run on the calendar. If you are not self motivated or looking for a training group, then this may not be the group for you.
5. I am often asked where we run or days/times. We run mostly in Plano, both east and west side usually between DNT and 75. I am not going to be specific here due to safety, plus it is always subject to change. Current scheduled meet ups are in the morning, some really early (5am!), some not so early but may still be considered early. As with #4 above, ANYONE can put a run on the group calendar. If the time or location does not work for you, you can schedule a run and see if there are other like minded runners wanting to join you.
6. Women only. Should go without saying, but from the few men who have submitted a request to join I guess it is not so obvious. There are plenty of running groups out there where men are welcome, just not this one :)