addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Plato's Cave - The Orlando Philosophy Meetup Group Message Board › Why the Universe necessarily came to exist, new file posted called HTB Draft 03

Why the Universe necessarily came to exist, new file posted called HTB Draft 03

A former member
Post #: 102
A former member
Post #: 103
Somehow my initial comments went missing. I have been working on a project to explain the necessary existence of the Universe, as it is, from first principles. It is in draft form and a bit rough around the edges and off to my editor for proper structuring.

A number of radical propositions and claims are contained within regarding the nature of existence and I am curious to get feedback.

thanks, Jon
Swami
swami_pixelguy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 481
The draft doesn't exist:(
Swami
swami_pixelguy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 482
"Search, and ye shall find.":)

Found it here­.
christopher
user 11174629
Casselberry, FL
Post #: 121
I have 3 papers or so ahead of this one, but it's definitely getting added to the list. Looking forward to it, Jon.

PS -- welcome back!
A former member
Post #: 104
I have 3 papers or so ahead of this one, but it's definitely getting added to the list. Looking forward to it, Jon.

PS -- welcome back!

Thanks Chris:

Hope you enjoy reading it, aimed high on this one. Hopefully a few folks might be a bit shocked at just how far I have gone with this. Included are hypothesized explanations for the Universe arising from a null state necessarily, what is dark matter, where is the anti-matter, why particle charge and space are the same thing, challenge to the Law of Identity, solution to Russell's Paradox, time and particle spin are the same thing, there is but one particle identity in the Universe, all Universes are connected at Time 0, time is a construct and temporal loops exist at the quantum level, quantum mechanics and relativity are already unfied, why there are only 3 dimensions of space, what are strings, the limitations of set theory as developed by Cantor, Higgs boson identity, the symmetry of Zero and Infinity, why the value pi does not exist at the beginning of time. Even though it may be philosophy in the raw it should be considered as an ambitious effort at least.
Jairo M.
JamyangPawo
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 1,462
Wow! I am interested. But I am not well versed in all that new stuff. I am from the old school where an atom was like a solar system with the sun (made up of protons and neutrons) in the center and planets of electrons going around it, and I am stuck there, but trying to venture to understand space-time and relativity. Now what if there was no beginning to It all? What if It has always been?
A former member
Post #: 105
Wow! I am interested. But I am not well versed in all that new stuff. I am from the old school where an atom was like a solar system with the sun (made up of protons and neutrons) in the center and planets of electrons going around it, and I am stuck there, but trying to venture to understand space-time and relativity. Now what if there was no beginning to It all? What if It has always been?

Well is there a time before time? If not it is arguable perhaps that time had a beginning, a time point 0 if you will, but as there is no time outside of time it has paradoxically also always been. Particularly if we consider the possibility that the Universe may cycle through an endless series of births lives and deaths, which since they share a common time 0 state definition may also be regarded as concurrent. Thus a series of Universal realizations may be indistinguishable from a multi-verse system.

Jon
Jairo M.
JamyangPawo
Winter Park, FL
Post #: 1,463
I have begun reading your HTB draft. I have only gotten to the introduction to and beginning of your thought experiments on Simplified Cosmological Models. And I have had to stop to ponder on the Wikipedia explanation of the beginning (Big Bang) as being very hot and explosive. Now how did it get hot in the first place, and why did it explode, and what was it like before it exploded? That's why I had to ask "what if there was no beginning to It all? Why have scientists assumed that there had to be a beginning?

On the other hand, what if there is a beginning but it was not all that hot and explosive? Imagine that we are riding a wave of a rope and the rope is space, and the up and down wave motion is time. And we are a point on that rope, and that is our time-space location. Now if we go back in time, we can go back to the origin of that up and down motion. If we could go into deep meditation-trance and become omniscient like a Buddha or an Edgar Cayce and travel back in time to the beginning of time-space, and we find that the rope ends in the hands of God, and God's hands are moving in an up down fashion causing the rope to go up and down? Now the end of the rope that God is holding is not hot and not exploding but it is the beginning of space-time. So couldn't that be the "beginning of" in a way that looks the same as any other point on the rope. In other words, there is really no evolution of species, but these have always been there, they just suddenly appeared, and the planets suddenly appeared, and man suddenly appeared and it was all good? Sudden creation that fools us scientists into believing that it must have taken billions of years to evolve to the level of sophistication and perfection that it has today? Then couldn't human beings actually be going down in intelligence instead of evolving bigger brains and wiser minds? Could not we in the time of Adam and Eve have been the most perfect possible able to live practically forever? The Old Testament, as you may well be aware, speaks of the early characters (from Adam to Noah) being able to live hundreds of years. And that's just the Bible. In the Jain religion (one of the oldest religions) there are stories of humans (now practically deified) who were said to have lived thousands of years, perhaps they were our ancestors who came from other star systems or galaxies. And in Tibetan Buddhism I am always reminded of how we are living in degenerate times, one particular reason why it is degenerate is because humans now only live to be a hundred years, whereas in previous times it was a thousand, and before that, tens of thousands, and before that, hundreds of thousands. So did these writers of now highly regarded scriptures and myths make all this stuff up or did they meditate and discover this to have been so?

Okay so carbon dating is very scientific, but it only works on the remains that are uncovered from the ground that kept out bacteria from turning bones into oil. So we really don't have any evidence to go by in order to show how man has actually devolved and become dumber and live a shorter life span.

So some thoughts to consider in your cosmological model.
A former member
Post #: 106
I have begun reading your HTB draft. I have only gotten to the introduction to and beginning of your thought experiments on Simplified Cosmological Models. And I have had to stop to ponder on the Wikipedia explanation of the beginning (Big Bang) as being very hot and explosive. Now how did it get hot in the first place, and why did it explode, and what was it like before it exploded? That's why I had to ask "what if there was no beginning to It all? Why have scientists assumed that there had to be a beginning?

On the other hand, what if there is a beginning but it was not all that hot and explosive? Imagine that we are riding a wave of a rope and the rope is space, and the up and down wave motion is time. And we are a point on that rope, and that is our time-space location. Now if we go back in time, we can go back to the origin of that up and down motion. If we could go into deep meditation-trance and become omniscient like a Buddha or an Edgar Cayce and travel back in time to the beginning of time-space, and we find that the rope ends in the hands of God, and God's hands are moving in an up down fashion causing the rope to go up and down? Now the end of the rope that God is holding is not hot and not exploding but it is the beginning of space-time. So couldn't that be the "beginning of" in a way that looks the same as any other point on the rope.

Hello Jairo and thank you for the feedback:

I will not touch on the religious aspects of your response at this time but wanted to comment on the other points. Being very hot and explosive is in some sense our view of the Big Bang. Objectively it may be regarded instead as having limited prior history and being subject to change that in relation to the prior states is proportionately more significant than we presently experience. Your analogy of the rope is interesting to me as one of the ideas touched on in my paper is that the beginning of time is still with us and examining the Universe at a sufficiently fine scale does in fact establish a direct link to the beginning of time which is thus omnipresent at all times in Universal history.

Jon