52 Stadium Road
— Responsibility —
Please note that we do not accept any short notice cancellation. For organizational purposes, it is necessary that each player carefully thinks about whether he or she can make it to the event or not. If you cannot make it, please cancel your participation at least 10 hours ahead. If you do not show up or cancel on short notice twice, you will be removed from the league.
— Event Information —
Play! Tennis League Ladder (Singles)
The Play! Tennis League Ladder is a new friendly competition system for intermediate tennis enthusiasts looking for singles challenges on a regular basis. Each week, Play! Tennis provides match days in Singapore where players compete in single matches. Based on their performance, players will move up or down the ladder. Each month, the top three players will be rewarded with a prize.
Please familiarize yourself with the Ladder League guidelines.
1. Participation fee for each League Ladder match: $12
2. Required skill level (NTRP): 2.5–4 (see Skill Level Guide to assess yourself)
3. Ranking system:
A match consists of one 6-game set. If the set is tied at 6-6, a 7-point tie-breaker game is used to determine the winner. The scoring system of the ladder is as follows:
· If the winner is higher ranked, he or she receives 7 points to his or her current League Ladder points.
. if the winner is ranked lower than the opponent, he or she receives double points, for a total of 14 points.
· The loser receives 1 point for each game win. For example, if the game score is 6-2, the loser still receives 2 points.
The advantages of such a ranking system are: (1) ranks are determined by both performance and active participation, (2) players can easily join the ladder at any point in time, and (3) even a loss gets rewarded based on the effort during the match.
Current Play! League Ladder (The current standing of the player will be published and updated on Facebook after each match day)
· Each player will play one match.
· Do RSVP responsibly as other members would like a chance to play too. Please cancel your RSVP at least 10 hours before the event in case you cannot make it. Players who have RSVPed but do not show up twice will be removed from the league.
· Please check this page 45 minutes before the session for any cancellation due to bad weather.
· Have fun and take care of your health and safety.
Have a Question?
Contact Darren Teo at[masked] or [masked]