addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Playtest UK Games Meetup Group Message Board › Printer options

Printer options

David M.
user 80043972
Melksham, GB
Post #: 2
Hi, does anyone have any good recommendations for what printer I should buy? Patricularly looking for one for doing card prototypes and with relatively permanent prints.? Looking at £300 to £400 bracket. Cheers.
Rob H.
user 11129400
Group Organizer
Surbiton, GB
Post #: 18
Hi David, I don't know too much about printers to be honest, although you should probably take into account how much the inks cost as well. For most prototypes, the most important aspect is the gameplay and if the graphics adequately support that then it doesn't need to be too fancy unless you are thinking of self-publishing. Often games publishers will want to bring in their own illustrators and graphics anyway.
Cheers, Rob
Phil R.
user 57769502
London, GB
Post #: 2
Hi David,
The printer Iuse for my stuff is a Canon i9950 which does prints up to 13 x 19 inches edge to edge. It is an 8 colour printer which means it can get a bit expensive but I found Amazon has printer cartidges for about a pound apiece rather than £12 plus in something like Rymans. I bought the thing about seven or eight years ago and it it still working well. The thing with this printer (and all inkjets) is that the prints do not react well to water, it causes the ink to run. But it is possible to get acryllic spray to protect the ink.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Phil