During this workshop, we will cover how to tack weld 5 metal pieces into a box.
A few of the steps included in this workshop:
putting on proper PPE
watching demo on how to sucessfuly tack weld
positioning the metal
making your tacks
This is a hands on workshop. You will be exposed to heat, sparks, and hot metal.
Note: A picture of the finished product will be added to this post before the event occurs.
$20 (5 pieces of metal included)
Safety training will be provided.
Safety equipment will be provided.
**This workshop is part of a continuing workshop meant to expose members to welding at a low price point and in a safe and instructional manner.
It is meant as part of a series and not as a stand alone event. New members are welcome to sign up for the repeat of the Exposure class if they
have not taken it already.
Personal Protection Equipment required:
1) Closed Toed Shoes. Preferably leather boots. Steel toe not required but recommend.
2) Natural Fiber clothes (linen, cotton, khakis, jeans, leather) (Not provided)
3) Flame retardant welders jacket (class set provided, members are encouraged to place an order with me or to purchase their own)
4) Welder's Helmet (Class set provided, members are encouraged to place an order with me or provide their own)
5) Leather MIG welding gloves (Class set provided, members are encouraged to place an order with me or provide their own)
Tools we will be working with:
Welders pliers (eight ways) (Provided)
Locking pliers (Provided)
Wire brush (provided)
Angle Grinder (Provided, safety training provided)
Limit of 4 attendees.
For a complete listing of events, please visit http://kzoomakers.org/events-calendar/
And on meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Portage-Womens-Social-Meetup/