Welding Workshop #1: Exposure Class (Repeat Event, required for new members)
During this workshop, we will cover:
what is MIG welding
safety training and personal protection equipment
making an arc
drawing a bead
A few of the steps included in this workshop:
Intro to Kalamazoo Maker space and tour
putting on proper Personal Protection Equipment
watching demo on how to successfully make an arc and draw a bead
This is a hands on workshop. You will be exposed to heat, sparks, and hot metal.
$15 (1 piece of metal included)
Safety training will be provided.
Safety equipment will be provided.
**This workshop is part of a continuing workshop meant to expose members to welding at a low price point and in a safe and instructional manner.
It is meant as part of a series and not as a stand alone event. New members are required to take this class before they sign up for other workshops.
This class will provide less hands on welding time than other classes, because it is intended for training and introductory purposes rather than
for the purpose of completing a project.
Personal Protection Equipment required:
1) Closed Toed Shoes. Preferably leather boots. Steel toe not required but recommended.
2) Natural Fiber clothes (linen, cotton, khakis, jeans, leather) (Not provided)
3) Flame retardant welders jacket (class set provided, members are encouraged to place an order with me or to purchase their own)
4) Welder's Helmet (Class set provided, members are encouraged to place an order with me or provide their own)
5) Leather MIG welding gloves (Class set provided, members are encouraged to place an order with me or provide their own)
Tools we will be working with:
Welders pliers (eight ways) (Provided)
Locking pliers (Provided)
Wire brush (provided)
Angle Grinder (Provided, safety training provided)
Limit of 4 attendees.
For a complete listing of events, please visit http://kzoomakers.org/events-calendar/
And on meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Portage-Womens-Social-Meetup/