Join us for an evening in two parts:
1. Discussion/presentation by Elise and John Keith, founders of Lucid Meetings (http://www.lucidmeetings.com/). Lucid Meetings is a Portland tech company that specializes in online meeting services, virtual team support and professional meeting software. They were asked in 2013 by ICANN to improve the accessibility of their platform. After doing 75% of the work themselves, Lucid hired Simply Accessible (http://simplyaccessible.com/) to guide them through the remainder of the process. They will share how the process went for them.
2. A work in progress documentary screening (director, Chris Higgins, in attendance for Q&A)
This short film "Imagine If: A Story of Accessibility" (http://chrishiggins.com/w/2016/04/18/coming-soon-imagine-if-a-documentary-about-accessibility/) follows Cory Klatik, a user experience designer and social media manager, as he navigates the world with his guide dog, Vine, along with a variety of computers, mobile devices, and assistive technology. The film is designed to show makers how people with disabilities access culture and technology, and offers guidance on how to build accessibility into their daily practice. Director Chris Higgins will be available for a Q&A after the film.
• 6:30-7- Meet and mix
• 7-7:30- John and Elise talk with the group
• 7:30-8:15- screening and Q&A for Chris, John & Elise
• 8:15- 8:30- mix and depart
Soft drinks & popcorn provided.
(Puppet Labs is our event host - read about the accessibility of the venue (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_ZRcg14ao6mPbLhk3tKCvvQrVkkMqhTTID45uZkFjkU/edit). To ensure a successful MeetUp, please review the Puppet Labs Community Guidelines and Event Code of Conduct (http://docs.puppetlabs.com/community/community_guidelines.html#event-code-of-conduct).)