One of the most powerful things we can do as humans is gather in connection and mutual support.At sharing circles, we come together to co-create an experience that values and helps us each practice being with one another. If you agree that connection to other and the earth is as essential as breathing, sharing circle is for you.
The medicine of our time is community. It is the antidote to our deepest sufferings. It heals isolation, addiction, loneliness, and so many of the other demands we have for a feeling of belonging.
So, we come together (at the studio in Westbrook) to experience and practice:
• Dropping in to shameless self-awareness
• Open-hearted and vulnerable expression of what's true for each of us in this moment
• Compassionalte listening without judgement or advice
• Witnessing and presence to the sacred energy that is created when we connect in this way
• Calling in support that serves the greater good of both the receiver and the giver of support
We meet several times a month to practice and invent communication and connection skills. Come once because the topic interests you, or come every time to create a cadence of regularly being in heart-open space. If you have a practice to share, please add your offering to the circle.
Group Agreements are shared as the opening for each circle, and include:
• Sober Space: Refrain from alcohol and recreational medicine during circle
• Consent-Based: Practice consent, including offering loving corrections so we can each learn. Touch and give feedback/advice only with permission.
• Respect & Inclusivity: Respect the pronouns and identities provided by each person. Endeavor to include & witness each person with dignity for the path they walk without negative judgment or labelling them.
• Confidentiality of what is said in circle, and who is in attendance, sharing only your own personal experience outside of circle.
We mostly meet at a private home in Westbrook. Parking is plentiful. There are 2 cats in the home. There are 4 steps to enter the home from the gravel driveway.