addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Portland Hiking Meetup Group Message Board Gear Talk › Rent/loan to a PCT thru-hiker: Bear Canister, Ice Axe, or Microspikes??

Rent/loan to a PCT thru-hiker: Bear Canister, Ice Axe, or Microspikes??

A former member
Post #: 22
I'm planning a thru-hike of the PCT this year. I am on a budget and am trying to limit my costs.

Would anyone be interested in renting me any of these items items for the month or so I would need them in the Sierras? I was thinking about doing the trail axeless but I figured that doing Whitney that way might be a little foolish.

Im not picky on the size of the axe probably a 60-70 cm, cause I'm guessing that I would not actually need to use it much so length may not be too critical and wear a 10.5 shoe for the microspikes. That would be awesome if there one person had all these and it all could be mailed and back and forth once, but could easily handle dealing with multiple people.

I am gentle on my equipment, so I would take good care of yours too and more than willing to fully compensate in the event that damage occurs.

Thanks!

Brian
bmiracle2@gmail.com
503-758-5364