Effective MySQL Architecture and Design Practices
Correctly designing a MySQL architecture has a huge impact on the growth of your system for future needs.
In this presentation we will cover.
• The strengths and weaknesses of MySQL
• What MySQL scale-out architecture means
• High Availability considerations
• The importance of changing key system default configurations
• How to integrate MySQL with existing and and new data sources.
From this presentation we will create a checklist of what key business and technology decisions should be asked and discussed before building a MySQL based system.
Effective Software Development with MySQL
While the MySQL RDBMS is essential for storing your information, how your application interacts and with applicable business logic is what makes each company in unique.
Some key points in this presentation include.
• Integrating MySQL with common programming languages
• The various developer tools that work well with MySQL
• The importance on developing standards and good SQL practices
• Common mistakes developers and frameworks make, and how to avoid them.
• What causes the most time for development and support time.
• How to invest time in quality and performance during development
We will review some of the important changes between versions including new features and compatibility differences. A great example is the impact of the new sql_mode default in Version 5.6.
From this presentation we will create a checklist of what developers need to know and do for creating great software that lasts.
About the speaker:
Ronald (http://ronaldbradford.com) has over 25 years of professional RDBMS experience in MySQL, Oracle, and Ingres. His expertise covers MySQL, LAMP and cloud-based consulting in architecture, performance, scalability and business continuity. Ronald is a former employee of the MySQL Inc consulting team (06-08) and Oracle Corporation (96-99). He has currently published 4 books on MySQL, his most recent titles available from Oracle Press include Effective MySQL: Optimizing SQL Statements, Effective MySQL: Backup & Recovery and Effective MySQL: Replication Techniques in Depth.