UX Writing isn't the easiest career to get into. There isn't a standard name for the role, and not many people have experience doing it. This meetup will cover strategies on how to start your career in UX Writing.
Tanna Waters, Manager of UX Writing and Content Strategy at Cvent, has interviewed and hired many UX writers for the Cvent team. She'll share her experience as a hiring manager, and how you don't have to have a background in UX Writing to make a fabulous transition.
She'll cover how to:
- Search for UX Writing roles when it's not always called “UX Writing”
- Spruce up your resume, LinkedIn, and portfolio
- Interview like a seasoned pro
- Build your UX Writing chops, even if it isn't your current job
We also want to hear what UX Writing topics interest you for future meetups. What do you want to learn about? Do you want to be a speaker or volunteer at our next event? Send us a message or let us know at the meetup.
Food and drinks provided by Cvent, our host for the event. Attendance capped and IDs required.
- 6:00-6:30 Networking, topic post-its, appetizers, drinks
- 6:30-7:00 Presentation and Q&A
- 7:00-7:30 Mingle and goodbyes