addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland-Area Couples for Friendship Message Board › We want to meet some of you

We want to meet some of you

A former member
Post #: 1
My wife and I have been keeping an eye on this group, but we aren't particularly interested in ballroom dancing. We really want to meet people and make great friends, but we haven't seen a great opportunity yet. There are lots of great ideas that have been posted along with the unlimited supply of things to do in Portland. If i can be of any assistance getting some of these meetups going, please let me know. A few more suggestions: monthly pot luck dinners, light hikes in and around town, casual paced bike rides. We will gladly help organize or host any of this. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks

Justin
JR
user 10891958
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
My wife and I feel the same way. We are not into the ballroom dancing. Let me know what you guys are thinking. My wife and I would be willing to host as well. We live in the SE Portland near Reed College.

JR
A former member
Post #: 2
My husband and I were just thinking the same thing. I'm sure there are plenty of other couples out there who would be interested.
A former member
Post #: 10
I was looking around at some of the meetups and they all seem to be centered around dancing. Don't get me wrong, I love to dance, but David, not so much lol! We would love to get together for pot lucks, bowling nights, games at PGE park, happy hours, anything to get us outta the house for a little bit as we need a break from our baby every now and then lol. We could host too sometimes. We live in Vancouver, WA.
A former member
Post #: 5
Hey non-dancers, I've got and idea. I just have to get it approved by the organizer of Lets Hang Out Portland. Rather than start a new group and keeping it going, LHOP is a great group for just anyone and the organizer wants to attract more members. I'm going to see if he will let me (and others) post events specifically for couples. You would all just have to join LHOP (there is no charge or anything), and we could spread the word to other couples. LHOP has many organizers who arrange a wide assortment of activities: hiking to trivia night to camping to bars.... We would just have couple specific events. I'll keep you updated. Sara