Location visible to members
LOCATION UPDATE: Take the elevator to the second floor of the Library, turn right and you'll see the photocopy room. We're in the "Study Room" to the left of the photcopy room. That is the north-west corner.
Co-hosted event with the Ketogenic Life (http://www.meetup.com/Ketogenic-Life/events/225358434/) meetup group. See RSVP details below!
This is an informal meetup where we will explore all aspects of ketogenic diets and low-carbohydrate regimens in general. Some of the questions we'll explore are:
1. What is the ketogenic diet and how does it differ from other diets?
2. What's the science behind it?
3. Are there any health benefits?
4. Are there any risks or dangers? If so, how do we avoid them?
5. What kind of foods should I eat or avoid?
6. Is it possible or even advisable to go ketogenic for life?
7. Is the ketogenic diet applicable (or even possible) for Vegans or vegetarians?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Whether you are beginner or a veteran, you will get some valuable insights about the ketogenic diet, energy metabolism and nutrition in general.
If you have specific goals for weight loss, health and wellness or just trying to decide if the ketogenic diet is right for you, this will get you on the right path.
If you want to share your successes and failures with your own ketogenic diet or health issues you've encountered, this is a good opportunity tell your story and get some constructive feedback.
This will be a loose agenda with lively discussion.
WHAT TO BRING:
Bring a notebook, pen and your enthusiasm. :-)
RSVP & WAITLIST:
1. You must RSVP to attend. If you want to bring a friend, please have them join the group and RSVP.
2. Space is limited. Please only RSVP is you
actually plan to attend
3. This is a co-hosted event. You can RSVP here or at the Ketogenic Life (http://www.meetup.com/Ketogenic-Life/events/225358434/) meetup group, but not both.
4. If the event is full, please add yourself to the waitlist. There are usually a few cancellations. If there are enough people waitlisted, we'll move this to a larger venue.
5. If you decide you can't attend,
please make your seat available
to others by clicking on RSVP change button and change it to