addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Potomac Pedalers Message Board › There and back again: C & O Canal ride in late October?

There and back again: C & O Canal ride in late October?

Erik
user 11489893
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 120
I was planning on possibly biking the C & O Canal towpath from Georgetown to Cumberland, and back. I was planning what I suspect most of you would view as a leisurely pace (60 miles a day), so it would take about 6 days. Would any of you be up for coming along? There are cheap places to stay at the 60 and 120 (or thereabouts) mile posts. Would any of you be available for such an endeavor?

Note: except for a 22 mile stretch, the towpath is entirely gravel, which can get really old after a while.