We would like to invite you for next Prague AWS User Group Community Meetup at MSD IT.
There will be two speakers with the following presentations:
• AWS Lambda for ML in Python by Simon Sotak (Software engineer at Represent - https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-sotak-62005911/)
In recent years, serverless computing has gained a lot of traction thanks to the popularity of services like AWS Lambda and AWS Fargate. Serverless solves many headaches that come with traditional hosting on virtual servers like automatic scaling, OS maintenance, and health monitoring. Deploying a machine learning model to a serverless platform like AWS Lambda comes with some obstacles, though. We will talk about the limitations of AWS Lambda for ML with Python and how we overcame them. We are releasing a small open-source package for compiling your Python ML dependencies for deployment to AWS Lambda.
• AWS Databases - Purpose-built databases for all your application needs by Vladimir Simek (Sr. Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services - https://www.linkedin.com/in/vsimek/)
As the cloud continues to drive down the cost of storage and compute, a new generation of applications have emerged, creating a new set of requirements for databases. These applications need databases to store terabytes to petabytes of new types of data, provide access to the data with millisecond latency, process millions of requests per second, and scale to support millions of users anywhere in the world. To support these requirements, you need both relational and non-relational databases that are purpose-built to handle the specific needs of your applications.
If you are interested what database engines you can use on AWS for your applications, come and see the presentation from Vladimir Simek, Enterprise Solutions Architect at AWS. He will demonstrate different DB solutions at AWS, describe use cases, best practices and show some demos.
- Doors open for check-in at 18:00
- Short networking
- First speaker starts at 18:30 - 19:30
- Short 10 minutes break 19:30 - 19:40
- Second speaker starts at 19:45 - 20:45
- Networking happy hour to follow the talk, pub, etc...
• What to bring