We would like to invite you for next Prague AWS User Group Community Meetup at MSD IT.
There will be two speakers with the following presentations:
• How to migrate a large distributed system to AWS without a mental breakdown by Michal Artazov (Full-stack Developer at signageOS - https://www.linkedin.com/in/artazov/)
The story of how we decided to migrate our entire system to AWS. Over the course of two months we planned it step by step only to see our plans fall apart in the real world. We cried a lot, spent nights in the office, wasted a ton of money but eventually we emerged victorious. Find out how we're now using EKS and auto-scaling groups of EC2 instances to save money. How we replaced some microservices with Lambda. What other tricks we use to spend less money.Find out what lessons we learned while migrating our entire system to AWS. Learn how to avoid wasting time and money. AWS is awesome if you know what you're doing.
• Serverless on AWS: Architectural Patterns and Best Practices by Vladimir Simek (Senior Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services - https://www.linkedin.com/in/vsimek/)
When speaking about serverless on AWS, most people think about AWS Lambda. But there's more than than. AWS provides a set of fully managed services that you can use to build and run serverless applications. Serverless applications don’t require provisioning, maintaining, and administering servers for backend components such as compute, databases, storage, stream processing, message queuing, and more. You also no longer need to worry about ensuring application fault tolerance and availability. Instead, AWS handles all of these capabilities for you. This allows you to focus on product innovation while enjoying faster time-to-market.
Vladimir will guide you through AWS serverless services, show operational and security best practices, discuss potential pitfalls and nuances. This session will help you recognize candidates for serverless architectures in your own organizations and understand areas of potential savings and increased agility.
- Doors open for check-in at 18:00
- Short networking
- First speaker starts at 18:30 - 19:30
- Short 10 minutes break 19:30 - 19:40
- Second speaker starts at 19:45 - 20:45
- Networking happy hour to follow the talk, pub, etc...
• What to bring