What we're about
The Yoga Womb offers pregnant and parenting moms a safe and nurturing place to explore yoga and to deepen the connection with themselves, with community and with their baby. The Yoga Womb is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga School with RPYT teachers.
Why Practice Yoga?
The practice of yoga in pregnancy and parenthood encourages women to embrace their innate wisdom enabling empowered parenthood from the womb to the wonder years.
Yoga helps parents and children openly explore the mind, body, and spirit. Using a three-pronged approach good classes help women to increase their sense of well-being, while addressing the common aches and sensations of pregnancy and the postnatal body so students feel better each day; foster a compassionate community of friendship and support; and integrate childbirth education and parenting skills into classes to help the mother be more prepared and empowered for labor, delivery and motherhood.
Most healthcare professionals fully support women practicing yoga during pregnancy and beyond because they realize the countless benefits it has for the mamas-to-be and how it aids in a successful and safe birthing experience. Pre/Postnatal classes are appropriate and safe for all stages of pregnancy and practice and is a beautiful place for a beginner to commence their parenting and yoga journey.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that anything that turns our attention to ourselves is going to be healing for the body and really good for the baby
• The ABC’s x 2: Awareness and Acceptance, Breath and Balance, and Connection and Concentration
• Postures & sequences for each trimester of pregnancy, along with contraindications
• Pregnancy and postnatal A&P
• Postures that heal common discomforts
• Emotional changes of birth and parenting
• Fostering a deeper parent-child bond
• Meditations and chants
• Pelvic floor strengthening
• Childbirth preparation
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga:
• Prepares mom for labor and delivery
• Strengthen connection with self and baby
• Reduce stress and anxiety
• Enhance mood and decrease depression
• Improve sleep
• Stay in shape and increase the strength, flexibility and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
• Decrease lower back pain, sciatica, nausea, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches, shortness of breath and more
• Decrease the risk of preterm labor, pregnancy-induced hypertension and intrauterine growth restriction — a condition that slows baby's growth
• Helps attune mom to her body and her needs
Benefits of Postnatal/Baby and Me Yoga:
• Gives focused time to bond and spend quality time together without distractions
• Time to meet other parents, discuss childcare issues, swap tips and feel supported by peers
• Enjoy poses to stretch and calm baby with playfully interactive postures
• Yoga encourages baby’s natural development, aid digestion, strengthen their body while bringing balance and peace to your lives
• Mom practices a full flow with baby-in-arm
• Learn about the postnatal body, common discomforts and how yoga can help
• Infant massage and partner breathing are also a part of this practice
"What a child learns in the womb,
cannot be learned here on earth." ~Yogi Bajan~
LOCATIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Yoga Womb Registered Prenatal Yoga Teachers are based in various locations of Long Island from the Hampton Bays to Brooklyn. Please contact us to help us find a class near you!
For QUESTIONS about Prenatal Yoga to book a private session, a baby blessing or find a class
contact Heather Simonson at
631-478-7301 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ www.theyogawomb.com ~ Yoga Womb Pre/Postnatal Yoga Facebook Page
Prenatal Yoga Sundays 10:30 am
6 4th Ave.
Bay Shore, NY