Meet and mingle in casual social settings with local language practitioners and native speakers looking to improve their second language skills. Join us anytime to share the best of both American and Japanese languages and cultures.
All ages and skill levels welcome
Happy to be a resource for those traveling to and from Japan
While we maintain a casual appearance, Please understand that we are a serious group, looking for individuals that have an honest interest in improving language skill and cross cultural exchange. If your meetup activities are too broad or you don’t have the time to participate, feel free to check back with us if and when your availability changes.
A few basic rules to help us maintain an enjoyable atmosphere at our meetups.
1. We are not a dating site – this is first and foremost a social group for language and cultural exchange
2. Courtesy Courtesy and more Courtesy – most will not have a problem with this
3. While most topics are fair game, please keep discussions on the lighter side and non-confrontational until you get to know the group; after that still keep it light…
4. We encourage socialization beyond our group activates, however until you have built a rapport with other members, participates should refrain from trading personal contact information; likewise no one should feel obligated to share any personal information until they are comfortable to do so. Until then, please direct all communications through our meetup page.
5. When dining out, unless otherwise specified, all members shall pay their portion of the tab, including tax and tip (no less than +25% for diner) for food & beverages ordered, eaten, of portions shared and or taken home by the participant.
6. When an event is over and participants are leaving, please refrain from starting new conversation that can be saved for another time or shared via email.
7. Alcoholic beverages may be available at some events;
• If you did not bring it – don’t drink it (unless otherwise offered)
• Drinking and driving will not be tolerated. Participants shall be mindful of their limitations and shall abstain or make all appropriate arrangements for travel and or lodging for the safety of others and themselves.
8. As a participant in our group you are encouraged to invite friend(s) as a guest as well to join our group. Please be sure that you are reasonably familiar their with their character, using your best judgement.
9. PLEASE report any conditions at an event or any behavior or communication of another participant that you find hazardous, threatening, offensive and or just makes you feel uncomfortable.