(This edition of Product Circle will be held in the offices of Mylo, an automated personal investment app, in Saint-Henri. Instructions to get there below)
Product managers are often hired to fix problems; they are hired because engineers aren’t sure what they should work on, because management doesn’t know what is being worked on, because no one manages the backlog well enough or because there is too much to do for the current team. And so, product teams, grow organically, for better or worse.
However, sometimes, teams get a chance to design themselves. Define (or refine) how they work, what they do and how the interface with other functions in the company.
This edition of Product Circle focuses on the moments when, as product managers, we think about how we would build or scale product teams.
- If you could do things differently, how would you change how your team is structured?
- What would be your ideal product team (roles - VP, PM, PO, Product designer, etc - and hierarchy)
- What are the key roles/tasks of a product team?
- How would you manage the team or have the team manage itself?
- How would you measure effectiveness?
- And if this is something that you have done, if you could start over, what would you change?
--- Event timeline ---
Doors Open: 6:00pm
Welcome and break into discussion groups: 6:30pm
Discussions end: 7:30pm
Networking and socializing until: 8:30pm
As always, there will be drinks and food. So come join us right after work!
See you soon,
The Product Circle Team