Come along to our next Meetup and you'll get to grips with how you can dial up your confidence and resilience for your “career second act”. A "career second act" is when you REINVENT yourself and your skillset so you can survive better in our rapidly changing world. A career second act is also when you re-orientate yourself to find work that you're more fired up about.
As you know, you’ll need courage and dynamism to get started with your career reboot. Just as importantly you’ll need confidence and staying power to keep moving forward. There are bound to be a few setbacks along the way – just as there are any time you look to make changes in your life. If you’ve boosted your confidence and strengthened you resilience in advance, you’ll be less likely to be ‘pulled back’ into the ‘comfort’ (and possible stagnation!) of your earlier career situation.
In this session you'll get fresh perspectives on developing the mindset of a 'winner' - the kind of person who can make the changes they want to make. And with the tools and techniques, you’ll be better equipped to keep going, keep growing and moving forward to achieve your new career goals and brilliant new life.
You’ll hear about :-
• How confidence is critical to the reboot process and how you can build up yours for your career reboot.
• Key paths you can take to build your resilience so you thrive physically and mentally while you make changes.
• Why making career changes requires you to go against ‘gravity’ and what's needed to face up to and overcome those opposing forces.
• What’s needed to make you feel ‘safer’ and more in control once you’ve decided you want to reboot your career.
• What to do when you hit a really tricky patch so you can get moving again with your career reboot.
The presentation and Q&A will last for about 40 minutes, after this you'll get the chance to experiment with some of the tools and techniques discussed.
The £10.00 charge covers room hire and tea/coffee.
Got a promotional code? Please contact Trudy for details of how to redeem.
Trudy Lloyd is a professionally qualified career coach and facilitator.
• She helps mid-career professionals to find more meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work. She also helps them stay relevant and employed when workplaces are rapidly changing due to new technologies, intense competition and globalisation.
In addition to her formal training she draws on many years of experience helping teams to innovate and be more creative in business.
She now also uses these skills to help professionals to REINVENT themselves to stay employable.
Although there are challenges for mid-career professionals in today's working environment, Trudy is optimistic about the many possibilities too. So long as people are willing to innovate their 'offer' and market their skills in an effective way.
• She brings extensive marketing and innovation skills to the Career Reboot :Professional Invincible You 35+ group and wants to help people think afresh about their career situation, identify new ways forward and ways they might get a better return on the effort they have invested in their career to date.
• She’s a trustee and coach with Thames Valley Careers Springboard.
• She is the author of the forthcoming book. Staying Relevant – Innovating your Professional Role after 40
Come along to this informal session - where there'll be opportunities to share your experience and learn from others.
I’d be delighted if you could join us on the 6th December!
Got a friend/colleague who might be interested in this topic - it would be great if you could let them know.
If you have any questions about the content/format of this session - do get in touch.
Please note the event will be marketed on other platforms - the attendee numbers on here may not be completely accurate.
What Previous Attendees of similar Meetups said
"Very thought provoking meeting. I left feeling energised and gained some useful insight in how to stay relevant, visible and look beyond the day job and task in hand. Trudy has lots of different ways to make us look within and focus on what is important. I would recommend this meetup group - I am sure you will gain insights to help you discover what is right for you."
"Interesting meeting. Useful advice about how to stay relevant and improve job security followed by guided exercises to help us reflect on what want from our jobs. I felt quite motivated when I left."
"Good opportunity to discuss what a dream job means and share ideas and experience"
Miss N.A. Berkshire
"Trudy coaches and equips you with thinking tools that achieve fast results"
"Again you have made me think deeply and now I have ideas buzzing around my brain."
Refunds offered if:
Additional notes: Payment by bank transfer also possible - please contact me. Got a promotional code? Please contact Trudy for details on how to redeem.
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.