Is it possible to provide "Fixed Fee" Services for Consulting? Many High Tech consultants think it is too risky. Today some clients are responding positively to such fee arrangements. Especially those that are in Startup or even late startup phase. Come and join us to explore this intriguing topic.
We will cover these and several more basic questions and topics during the presentation:
· Can this be done profitably?
· What does "Fixed Fee" mean?
· What is Sharing of Risk?
· Can this be used as a Feature / Differentiator?
· Are there good reasons to make such offers?
· Moving away from "Employee-Like relationships" and charging higher fees
· Is everything you do unique, making fixed fee impossible?
o Systematizing Processes
o Look for "boring Tasks to do for high price
· Many more topics .......
The presenter for this meeting will be Carl Angotti, of Angotti Product Development, Past PATCA President, current PATCA Vice Chair and long time consultant and PATCA member. He is still actively consulting in the area of Hardware product development and managing such projects. He holds a BSEE from Carnegie-Mellon University, an MSEE from the University of Southern Calif. and an MBA from San Jose State University. He is also a California Registered Professional Engineer.