The Professional Trainers Toastmasters Club (PTTM) is a congregation of like-minded Toastmasters who believe in attaining and promoting excellence in training. Through interactive workshops, in-depth experience sharing and evaluation among members, the club aims to enable members to:
• develop effective training and facilitating skills
• conduct high-quality workshops
• pioneer familiarisation with the new Toastmasters International education framework (specifically leadership-oriented)
• gain training experience in both Toastmasters and non-Toastmasters settings
• serve the training needs of the Toastmasters' community.
A PTTM meeting consists of several sessions: 1. Prepared Speech and Evaluation – an essential element of a Toastmasters meeting is the speech and the evaluation. Members deliver speeches from the Toastmasters education program and receive verbal and written evaluations on their performances.
2. Themed Workshop – this is conducted by members on a variety of topics. The topics vary from being Toastmasters-specific to being profession-centric.
3. Question and Answer Session – this session will be conducted after each workshop. The audience asking questions pertaining to the workshop allows presenter to reinforce the message.
4. Constructive Feedback – each workshop speaker will receive 2 individual evaluations from specific members, as well as general evaluations from the audience.
PTTM meetings are conducted in English. To cater to the training interests and needs of our members, prepared speeches and workshops in Mandarin and Cantonese are also welcomed.
Meetings are held at CityU SCOPE Admiralty Learning Centre 8/F United Centre Admiralty, on the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month (except on public holidays), from 7pm - 9pm.
BECOME A MEMBER
To be a member of PTTM, you will have to have completed at least 6 projects in the Competent Communication manual. Annual membership fee is HK$1,600 (April 2016 to March 2017). Each membership application will be subject to final review by the Club Executive Committee.
For inquiries, please contact Helen Pang, our Vice-President (Public Relations) at email@example.com.