addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Project Paddle Milwaukee Message Board › Looking for paddling companion or groups

Looking for paddling companion or groups

Carol
Carolkorpal
Hales Corners, WI
Post #: 5
I ended up getting a great system to carry my kayak but was costly. $700 for thule racks and lift assist which sticks to the side of my car and helps me lift my kayak up. Being 49lbs I couldn't lift over my head. Men have it so much easier. LOL I studied carrying systems for a long time & this was the way I had to go as I had to transport sideways due to a spoiler & atenae on the back of my Juke. If you already have roof racks or can carry kayak laying down will save you lotta money. You need to go to sport store and tell them what make of car you have & they will tell you what you need. Good luck! Carol

Tammy
trski
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 8
Good for you Carol ! I have seen this system at the Canoecopia in Madison this March. One draw back i heard people mentioning is you need to be sure to have the clearance thru the garage door. FYI. To Randi; I finally spent the money ($50) on a rope and ratchet set to tie the bow and strern of the boat. Good investment. If you rent a boat, and ask for help w/loading, you will get a free lesson on securing boat. :}