For a while, this group will morph from a prix fixe’ dinner and wine tasting, to a wine tasting group with optional food. There are 17 rose' wines to taste, so after 3 tastings you will have tasted all the wines and rank as an expert on the grapes and blends used in the South of France.
• Understand the differences between AOP/AOC wines and IGP and Table Wines.
• Which grapes are used by the color of the wine.
• Why there are 3 major rose' appellations
• How many grapes qualify to be used in a AOP Cotes de Provence wine
• How to read the label to avoid a "clunker" wine
• The why the myth of preferring the current year wine is false
• The tastings will be broken into 3 numbered groups, so that you can choose to repeat or just march through all 3 flights.
Domaine La Jeanne/IGP
Chateau Carpe Diem/AOP
Domaine St. Roman d'Esclans/AOP
French Secret Collection #2/IGP
French Secret Collection #3/AOP
Domaine Val d'Astie/AOP
Chateau des Garcinieres--2013/AOP
Chateau des Garcinieres--2014/AOP
St. Croix La Manuelle/AOP
All of the wines can be purchased at and delivered by DCANTER - A Wine Boutique at 545 8th Street SE Washington, DC, contact number: (202) 817-3803
The first tasting will be set for sometime in August, after Restaurant Week. We will send the place, date and time as soon as we can.