Conquering Google App Engine with Gaelyk.
Google App Engine (https://developers.google.com/appengine/) is a unique Platform as a Service where you can host your applications in google's cloud infrastructure. While Google App Engine supports Java (https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/overview), it comes with it own set of APIs, constraints and learning curve for Enterprise Java developers.
In this session, we will see how Gaelyk/Groovy can make developing on GAE productive and fun.
This session is going to be a hands on workshop to get you started with your first application running on GAE with Gaelyk.
1. You need to come with your laptop or someone to pair with.
2. Please download and install JDK and Google App Engine for Java. (https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/gettingstarted/)
3. You editor/IDE of choice: Eclipse/IDEA/Netbeans/Sublime/TextMate/Vim....
4. It would be great if you could skim over the overview of Google app engine for Java.
5. Also try running the gaelyk template project (http://gaelyk.appspot.com/download) once.
We need two volunteers to test with us the whole setup before we start off with the session. Please contact us through meetup or twitter or Pune Java User Group mailing list.