addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Pune Java User Group Message Board › Lets meetup?

Lets meetup?

Closed to new replies

Pratik R.
user 12006199
Pune, IN
Guys, it's been so long since our last meetup. Lets meet informally for fresh start with introductions, interests and possibly discussion on proposed topic. We're now 89 members so I'm hoping we'll get good response this time. Go ahead and post your ideas about topic to be discussed as I'm not sure if everybody is going to be comfortable with proposed topic. Date and venue are also not fixed, propose it and let people vote.

Thank you guys for being together, lets make it even better.
atul
user 7071949
Pune, IN
Post #: 5
Hi All,
Am Atul here - I started coding in java 4 years back - and have loved every minute of it ;-) -
Before Java I was a C++/linux/unix developer... (I love C++ and linux too - my first love ;-)
I have started a company of my own - and we are developing a product for the Clinical Trials Market - using Java (off course ;-) - and Spring MVC (DI is lovely ;-).
Am a TDD aficionado - and love to refactor...

Suggested topics:
Refactoring experiences - I am sure everyone's common interest
Java 5+ Threading library - There is a lot of interesting stuff here
Apache common langs/Google collections (Guava) library/ and related stuff
Introduction to Hamcrest? (http://code.google.co...­)

My two cents ;-)

--- cheerio atul
Vatsala D.
vatsala
Pune, IN
Post #: 1
Sure I am game.

About the topic, um.. I dont know, java 7 is floating on the top of my mind, but open to any other topic as well... java has now become an ocean of sorts... so no dearth of topics