Ameriska 8, Ljubljana
• Short intro Pandas / Numpy
• SQL vs Pandas
• Going through Pandas features in an interactive demo mode
• data loading
• Indexing, manipulating columns and rows
• Grouping, stacking, reshaping, pivoting
• Plotting directly from pandas
• Time series, categoricals
• And overview of materials
For my convenience, and as a courtesy to the company providing the venue (and by coincidence, my employer) all demos will be done on Azure Data Science Virtual Machine and using Python Tools for Visual Studio (PTVS)
---- Old description :
Those who attended Big Data Developer meetups, probably know me. I used to run some Big Data sharing sessions in Slovenia IBM office. I am sad to say that I will no longer organize these meetups.
Instead, as I am a keen user of PyData stack, and there was no PyData meetup in Slovenia, I decided to organize one.
Few points for the first meetup:
- As this is a starter event, I am going to talk about basic stuff - features I use the most from Pandas. My presentation will take around 30-40 minutes with Jupyter notebook demos.
- It would be nice if someone else also volunteered to present this time or some other time. Also more advanced topics than just a Pandas walk through are welcome.
- For the next meetup topic, I will organize a poll after this meetup.
Best regards, Andrey.