Come and work on your Python skills!
PyLadies learning meetup series, session 4.
Our host will be serving lunch for everyone attending to keep us sharp. Please RSVP and let us know if you have any allergies or food preference before 5 pm Monday October 14th.
• Github bootcamp (https://help.github.com/categories/54/articles)
• Install Python on your laptop
• Think like a Computer Scientist (http://interactivepython.org/courselib/static/thinkcspy/toc.html), chapters 5 & 6
• Work on your project. Collaborate on
• Arriving and mingle
• Introduction from Netlight
• PyLadies Pair Programming exercise based on the book TLCS.
• Project work
If any male friends of the PyLadies would like to attend, please keep in mind that the study group is targeted primarily at women - and while we do appreciate your support, in the case of a wait list we will have to make room for members defining themselves as women. There are a lot of developer groups and networks where men are in majority - and since we are a well needed contrast to those, we want to give as many ladies as possible the chance to experience this. Since you are a member, we believe you share our thoughts on this and hope for your understanding if you are giving up your spot. Please let us know if you don't agree or have any questions about this.
Go to Attendee List