DataCon LA is a volunteer run conference and is scheduled for Saturday August 17th, 2019 at the University of Southern California. They're open for registration and are inviting submissions for speakers, sponsors and volunteers. We look forward to hearing from you!
Data Con LA: https://www.dataconla.com
Registrations for Data Con LA 2019 are now open! Make sure to register early to grab the early bird pricing!
- Mar 7 - Apr 30: $30
- May 1 - Jun 30: $40
- Jul 1 - conference date (or until registrations are full): $50
- Students get 50% off using code STDNT (bring your ID card on the day of event to check-in)
- 20% discount using code: MEETUPDCLA2019
Based on feedback from last year, printing your registration at home in advance of the conference is highly encouraged to speed up the conference day check-in process overall.
The conference includes:
- 6-8 keynote speakers
- 5 tracks
with each speaker presentation limited to 40 minutes.
OPEN CALL FOR 2019 TECH TALK SPEAKERS
Do you have something interesting to share with your fellow data technologists? We are looking for proposals for tech talks of 40 minutes in length including Q&A. The deadline for submissions is June 15th,[masked]:30 PM PDT. Final speakers will be notified by July 1st, 2019.
Here are the 2019 tracks:
1. Data - Big Data, Databases/RDBMS, Hadoop/Spark/Kafka, NoSQL/NewSQL and other technologies that support databases, and data storage
2. AI / ML / Data Science - Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Data Analytics, Data Analysis methods and applications
3. Emerging Tech - Blockchain, IoT, Serverless, AR/VR and other new and emerging technology
4. Infrastructure & Security - DevSecOps, Security, Data Governance and Privacy
5. Visualizations / UI / Use Cases - Data Visualization, User Experience / User Interface developments with respect to data, and real world applications
Please submit your proposal via the Tech Talk Proposal Form (https://www.dataconla.com/call-for-papers) on the Data Con LA site.
Deadline for submissions: June 15th,[masked]:30 PM PDT
Notification of acceptance: July 1st, 2019
DataCon LA 2019 is still accepting volunteers. Data Con LA is a fully volunteer-supported and organized event. The conference has a proud history of those who have joined us in organizing the day and stayed on as alumni, friends, cheerleaders, and mentors.
You will have the opportunity to help with 50+ sessions, speakers and sponsors from some of the biggest and best data companies in the world. We expect over 2000 attendees this year.
Participate wherever your interests fit best. Volunteers openings are available in the following teams:
- Marketing (currently active)
- Technology (currently active)
- Track / Sessions
- Food / Beverage
Complete the form on the Data Con LA site (https://www.dataconla.com/#volunteers) and sign up!