DBA Checklists: Reliable, Repeatable, & Automated
Now that SQL Server loves PowerShell and Microsoft loves open source, it is even easier to automate even your most time-consuming, repetitive, mundane or burdensome tasks.
Using the DbaChecks PowerShell module released at the SQLBits 2018 conference we can:
- Track SQL Server instance configurations
- Promptly provide required information to managmement, change configuration or developers
- Deftly respond to audit change requirements across your entire estate (and impress your auditor with PowerShell;)
- Restore SQL Servers to their correct state prior and post deployment
- Test *everything* from configuration to permissions, SQL service account share access to sysadmins, Agent Jobs to SPNs
This session will look at how to install and use this module . With multiple examples we will look at both running the checks and viewing the data in the supplied Power BI reports.
About the Presenter
Patrick Flynn is a Senior Database Administrator with 10 years experience in large 24 x 7 enterprise environments. He is a certified master for SQL Server and a regular attendee of the PASS Summit.
Has presented at SQL Saturday events in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Auckland, Edmonton and Calgary, Oslo and Cambridge.