What we're about
Qigong (also known as Chi Kung) is an ancient form of exercise with it’s origins in the Far East. It is the father of both Chinese Medicine and Martial Arts.
Qigong is a technique for gathering and circulating Qi (also referred to as life force energy, Chi, Prana, Ki, etc.) both within and around the body. By bringing together movement, awareness, and breathing in a powerful way, Qigong builds strength and helps the body do what it wants to do - Be Healthy.
Qigong has many benefits. Some of them include, but are not limited to:
- Improves circulation of blood and lymph;
- Stimulates digestion, sexual function, assimilation of nutrients, and elimination;
- Accelerates metabolism, facilitates weight loss, decreases need for sleep;
- Enhances immunity by reducing cortisol, a stress hormone that inhibits immunity;
- Develops dexterity, reflexes, and prevents Osteoporosis in adults;
- Boosts circulation in the brain that prevents Alzheimer’s disease;
- Facilitates mental acuity, focus, attentiveness, and mindfulness;
- Helps with calming down, relaxing and experiencing inner peace;
- Empowers you to appreciate the power of the universal flow and be in the flow.
This is a meetup group for people who want to learn more about Qigong and to experience practicing Qigong in groups. Our group is suitable for both beginners and advanced Qigong practitioners. For more information about Qigong in general and Qigong Coaching in particular, please visit www.QigongCoaching.com (http://www.qigongcoaching.com).